Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 19 - Galaxies

Sometimes the things I'm most scared of turn out to be less scary than I thought. This was one of those things. I have admired galaxy nails from the first moment I saw them pop up on other blogs, but have been too scared to try them myself. This is despite the fact that most bloggers reassured that they were easy to do. Today, I finally had to face my fear for Day 19 of the challenge.

I should had trusted all those other blogs sooner as this really was so easy to do and the result is stunning. I started out with the base of Wet n Wild Blackmail from this morning and then sponged different colors on top for the effect. I topped the whole thing of with a light layer of Spectraflair top coat, followed by a regular topcoat.




My only wish is that I had started with a different base color. I thought that the microglitter from Blackmail would be visible in the end and give it a star effect, but after all the sponging that went over it, the glitter completely disappeared. Since I used three coats of Blackmail and a topcoat on top of that, before I even started sponging and adding two topcoats here, it came out thicker than I prefer. Next time I will be starting with a one coat polish for sure. Oh, and since we are talking about next time, maybe less gigantic white "stars"...

I drew my inspiration from the Bubble Nebula found on NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day. If you have never seen this blog, make sure you check it out for some amazing photos of the stars and galaxies above us. Isn't it gorgeous? The manicure just pales in comparison to the true beauty...


Polishes used for this manciure:
- Wet n Wild - Blackmail (base)
- Zoya - Stacy
- Essence - Just in Case
- Color Club - Almost Famous and Chelsea Girl
- LA Colors - no name metallic blue
- Spectraflair topcoat (don't let the Wet n Wild bottle fool you...)
- Wet n Wild - French White Creme

 

What do you think? Will you be trying your own galaxy nails soon?

Is is silly that I'm no scared for the next challenge? Oh, the water marble, how you have frustrated me in the past...

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Stunning! These are amazing(: The universe is just simply gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, you did an amazing job.. I need to try galaxy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These nails look beautiful! Scared to try galaxy nails incase it goes wrong :( It looks so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I like seeing everyone's own take on galaxy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty mani! I always wanted to try galaxy nails, but I'm scared too XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean I've also been to scared to try galaxy nails too but yours came out really cute, I should try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Seriously, these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I think these are my favorite set of galaxy nails that I've seen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all your sweet comments!
    I recommend everyone to try these, it really is one of those things that looks harder than it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done! As always, i am in awe! ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really good! The colors are really nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These turned out great!!! Love the colours being more purple/plum rather than blue! Great choice

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...