Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

I often get lines from this particular song stuck in my head, so it was shoe in for today's challenge. The challenge was to be inspired by a song and I chose the "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" for my inspiration. An adorable song about a shy girl that is afraid to be seen in her new bikini.

I started with two coats of Color Club Almost Famous and added black dots using acrylic paint. The pattern created by alternating different size dots using a dotting tool. The result may be my loudest manicure to date, but I think this would make for a fun bikini. Definitely one that will get you noticed, so no use hiding. :D



What do you think? Would you wear this bikini (or manicure) out in public? :D

Thanks for looking,
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. crazy, i would definitely wear this outside :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love dot mani's, they're pretty simple but look soo good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely wear this out! I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. frkn cute.. I would sooo wear this mani out in public!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you did the dots in different sizes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love this!!! That base coat color is killer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love theese :O !!

    Great blog !
    Want to follow each other ?
    Hope we can keep in touch,

    XOXO

    http://s-lk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I was not expecting such a positive response! Thanks so much! Makes me want to try more bright color crazy manis :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The song could also be called "yellow polka freehand dot perfection"
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved! I love yellow and I'll probably copy you! Great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies, you are so sweet :)

    @Fran, I'd love to see the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and great song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Не могу подобрать слов, чтобы выразить своие восхищение! Труд проделан нереальный, ты кудесница!
    Увидела, что несколько пропустила, пошла с удовольствием пересматривать и учиться

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oi, spasibo! Dazhe ne znau kak na takie complementi reagirovat'. Ya rada chto tebe nravit'sya :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...