Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 25 - Inspired by Fashion

Fashion is not and never was something that I chase, obsess over or even follow much, but I think hearing about the Missoni collection for Target was something that even I couldn't avoid. This by no means implies that I made any attempts to purchase things from that collection. Honestly, the thought never even crossed my mind. I did however admire a few of the pieces online, particularly their color combinations and patterns.

In the end, it was a photo of luggage that inspired my manicure for today's challenge. I started out with two coats of Color Club Nomadic in Nude as my base. Then, using Bundle Monster plate BM-201, I stamped the zigzag pattern, which in my opinion is a great match for the Missoni pattern. The colors used include Color Club Chelsea Girl (blue), Color Club Wham! Pow! (orange) and Barielle Tight Knit (brown)...




Below is a photo of the luggage that inspired me. As you can see, I wasn't able to get all of the colors from the inspiration piece into my manicure. A little dash of black would have been nice to really make it pop, but the stamp method does not allow for such precision (or maybe I'm just not good enough?). I still love how it turned out and no one said it had to be an exact copy... :D


I'd love to know what you think! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. It's a lot more subtle than your inspiration, but I really like it! It must have been a lot of work using different colors at once, but you did a great job, it's so neat ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!
    You did an excellent job Anutka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, this turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's more subtle for sure, but so pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out very cute! I have been wanting to play with different colors while stamping... this is going to make me try it for sure! I love the patterns/design on that Missoni stuff also... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's so much fun to match nails up to an outfit or accessory. I suppose it's time to go somewhere for an overnight trip? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used different colours for stamping! That must have been a lot of work. Well done! Amazing mani :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Класс! Мне нечего сказать, я только восторгаюсь твоими золотыми руками

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I never expected such a response! Thank you so much for your sweet comments!!! :)

    @Antallex, spasibo bol'shoe! A ya tvoimi manikurami vsegda voshischaus' :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this design! I am trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you both!
    I'd love to see it when you try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one talented lady! Inspirational...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...