Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 26 - Inspired by a Pattern

I have wanted to try the plaid pattern on my nails for quite some time, but have been too intimidated by the fine lines. I knew I couldn't avoid it any longer when today's challenge finally rolled around. The fine detail in the pattern took me so long to paint that I gave up after these four nails and this sadly never made it to a full manicure. I do love how it turned out and hopefully after I get more practice drawing tiny lines, I can recreate this on a full manicure. The whole time I couldn't help but think that it looked as though I had a cozy flannel shirt on my nails :D

I started out with two coats of Wet 'n Wild Red Red. It is a bright, classic red with a touch of raspberry thrown in. I forgot to take swatch photos of it by itself. Must have been too excited to start. For the pattern I used black, white, and red acrylic paint. I mixed the three colors to create the two shades of gray for the wide stripes. Then I accented them with pure black, white and red stripes.

Here is the result...


I definitely need more practice with the lines and keeping a steady hand, but I think it is not bad overall.

I'd love to know what you think, so don't be shy :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. Your plaid mani looks good. Those lines are very tiny - such a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! The lines are perfectly straight, and the colors are perfect for this time of year. I don't blame you for stopping after 4 nails, I couldn't imagine using my non-dominant hand to draw a pattern like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Прелестно, и даже трогательно ) видимо, ассоциации с такими юбочками сильные

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DesertNails, Thank you! Those lines were the true challenge. I'm still trying to find a good brush :)

    @Jacqui, it was quite something keeping them so thin... I'm sure it would have been a mess if I tried drawing on my left hand. Maybe some day I'll accomplish a full manicure ;)

    @Antallex, mne tozhe napominaet ubki kotorie kogdato nasila... pravda horoshie vospominanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this plaid manicure! It looks fantastic, I wish I had the tools/steady hand to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am digging this pattern. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...i mean WOW! You must have such a steady hand, the lines are perfect! the choice of colors is also gorgeous ;) I really love it and I might try it as soon as I have some time for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible! I am so impressed with all your manis! You really are talented! I really love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies. It is time consuming, but I think worth the effort if you have the patience to do both hands :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...