Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 10 - Manicure of Choice

Time really has flown by fast and today is the last day of the Black and White Challenge. I have had a lot of fun with this challenge and wanted to do something special for the last day, which happens to be a manicure of choice with black and white. The design is not my original design, I stumbled across it in an old Nail Max magazine. I have been wanting to try it for a while and since it contains black and white, I thought it was perfect for the last day of the challenge.


For the manicure I used Sinful Colors Black on Black as the base, Pure Ice Bite Me for the gold sponging and acrylic paint for the white and red. I love how this turned. It reminds me of the Russian Zhostovo painting style with the black background, something that is on my list to try at some point...




Here is the original inspiration from Nail Max (February 2008 issue). Their birds are more graceful than mine, but that just means I need to practice (and to give my birds longer necks)...


As a bonus, here is a tutorial for this manicure that was also featured in the magazine. Click to zoom in for full size...


Sinful Colors Black on Black is a pure jet black cream. It is opaque in one coat, but needed two for even coverage. Formula on this is very nice. In terms of full nail coverage it is comparable to my favorite black, Wet 'n Wild Black Cream. I have not tried stamping with Black on Black yet to see if it works well, but I anticipate that it will work well. Swatches are with no top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: Black on Black, 103
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Don't forget to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge...
Biba's beauty corner , Biberlee-Džumbus, Colores de Carol, Emerald sparkle, Hooked on polish, Lacquered Tips, Mateji ustvarjata, My Little Vanities, My Nail Grafiti, Nail crazy, Oje Gemisi Kalkiyor, Omgnoodles, Pink Polish Addict, Polish nail art, Purple Glitters, Taya, The Nail Buff, Welcome To Brianna's World!

Stay tuned for my recap of the challenge... :)

I would love to know what you think of the manicure!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty and graceful! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You did a good job! It looks just like the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, definitely one of the most beautiful manicures i have ever seen *.*
    thumbs up :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! They remind me of hanafuda cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This very beautiful nails, I love black on black.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, amazing. I can't stop starring at your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! This is so beautiful! I'm speechless...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just spectacular! I am totally blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! You are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is ridiculously beautiful and so detailed! Amazing job, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! This is amazing! You really are doing some great stuff lately!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are making me blush! Thank you for your sweet comments! I'm so glad that you like the manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...