Friday, March 16, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 6 - Color Base with White

It is day 6 of the Black and White Challenge which means creating a manicure with a color base and something white. This fire engine red from Color Club's All About Color set really stood out to me, so I grabbed some white acrylic paint and a dotting tool and the pattern practically created itself. It somehow reminds me of traditional Belorussian/Ukrainian folk dresses and towels so must have come up from my subconsciousness. While the true folk patterns are much more beautiful, elaborate and complicated this one is just rows of dots layered. I have had dotting tools for a while, I'm just now starting to really play around with them and loving all the possibilities...

UPDATE: The Color Club polish is named Cadillac Red. See swatches here 




I would love to know what you think of this! :)
What is your favorite manicure tool?

Check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge...
Biba's beauty corner , Biberlee-Džumbus, Colores de Carol, Emerald sparkle, Hooked on polish, Lacquered Tips, Mateji ustvarjata, My Little Vanities, My Nail Grafiti, Nail crazy, Oje Gemisi Kalkiyor, Omgnoodles, Pink Polish Addict, Polish nail art, Purple Glitters, Taya, The Nail Buff, Welcome To Brianna's World!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love dotting tool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! And way to find different uses for dotting tools. :D Must remember this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pattern before reading the description. Love it! Svetik

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I absolutely love it. Never thought a design like that could be achieved with a dotting tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS! I must use red more often! This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anutka, this manicures is so amazing, you are so talented. My favorite tool is a dotting tool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's super cute! I think my fave tool is the Stamping set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone! It is really amazing what you can do with a dotting tool. I'm loving mine more and more! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...