Monday, March 19, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 7 - Glitter

Day 7 of the Black and White Challenge really stumped me. The challenge was to create a black and white manicure with glitter and I just couldn't decide on what I wanted to do until the very last minute. I started out with Essence I Love My Jeans for the black base, then using a striping brush and white acrylic paint I added random slices of white. I used the holographic hex glitter from Elf Golden Goddess to accent the curves. Although the holographic effect of the glitter is hard to see in these photos, it was actually there. I like how this turned out, even though it bubbled like crazy around the glitter. I really need to get some glitter itself instead of having to pick it out of polish...





Essence I Love My Jeans is a rich black with a soft pearly shimmer. It is opaque in one coat, however I used two coats in these swatches to even everything out. The formula was perfect and no problems with application at all. I do like how this shimmery black looks compared to a standard glossy black. I wish I had gotten the other colors in this collection when it was still out.




Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: Denim Wanted!
Color Name/Number: I Love My Jeans, 02
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of this! :)

Don't forget to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge...
Biba's beauty corner , Biberlee-Džumbus, Colores de Carol, Emerald sparkle, Hooked on polish, Lacquered Tips, Mateji ustvarjata, My Little Vanities, My Nail Grafiti, Nail crazy, Oje Gemisi Kalkiyor, Omgnoodles, Pink Polish Addict, Polish nail art, Purple Glitters, Taya, The Nail Buff, Welcome To Brianna's World!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

17 comments:

  1. This is one of the coolest looking manicures you have done (and you've been blasting out some GENIOUS looks)

    Love the glitter! Love the geometric look if it! The sharp colour contrast.
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like strips of movie film - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is seriously awesome! So creative and unique, I love the holo glitter you did on the design as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so awesome. :D And I admire your patience picking out the glitter pieces and positioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! I love it :) The hex glitter pieces top it off really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! Bless your heart for picking out all those hexes!! It was worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is such a fun mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive! I can't quite imagine placing all those glitter pieces individually--I'm guessing I would have gotten distracted after one or two nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! I'm glad you like it. Yes, it was quite tedious picking out the glitter, but that's my own fault for not buying just glitter itself. Must remedy that :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it !! And I really should get me some acrylic paint :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is seriously amazing! You know... it reminds me of zippers when I saw it in the thumbnail on my feed. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fab! Very creative. You can totally see the holo effect in the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Theodora, I love it, it doesn't drag as polish does and if I mess up, I can often remove it without disrupting the polish underneath...

    @Megan, Thank you so much! Zippers and film strips seems to be the popular association. :)

    @Nail Buff, thank you! I'm glad the holo came through in the photos, although certainly not as strong as in reality...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...