Sunday, March 25, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 9 - Water Marble

Day nine of the Black and White Challenge proved to be the most difficult yet. Difficult isn't even the right word, it really kicked my butt. Water marble is always a huge challenge for me and even though the results can be amazing the process of getting there sometimes doesn't seem worth it. I know you think I'm talking about the mess and the clean up, but no I'm talking about getting the colors to spread correctly and not bunch up when I try to marble. I just keep telling myself that practice makes perfect (and maybe someday I'll believe it). For now I'm just glad I didn't give up since I love how this manicure turned out.


For the base I used is one coat of Wet 'n Wild French White Creme and the marble itself was made using the French White Creme and Sinful Colors Black on Black. Because of the spreading problems, I couldn't build up enough layers to produce thin rings and the resulting marble had a lot of thick lines which look like empty space on the nail. To fill in this empty space, I added white dots using acrylic pain along the curves of the marble...





Here is what the water marble looked like before I added the dots. Lots of empty black space...


I would love to know what you think of this manicure!
Is there a technique that you love the look of, but that always frustrates you? :)

Don't forget to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge...
Biba's beauty corner , Biberlee-Džumbus, Colores de Carol, Emerald sparkle, Hooked on polish, Lacquered Tips, Mateji ustvarjata, My Little Vanities, My Nail Grafiti, Nail crazy, Oje Gemisi Kalkiyor, Omgnoodles, Pink Polish Addict, Polish nail art, Purple Glitters, Taya, The Nail Buff, Welcome To Brianna's World!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

29 comments:

  1. I love your final look! Watermarbles really terrify me a little bit. And I can never seem to get them quite right. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mind is blown by how perfect this looks!!! It looks like it was stamped, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The marble looks really great. I think adding the dots to it just made it perfect. Without the dots, it does seem a little incomplete, so I think adding the dots was a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got to be kidding me! I'm finishing my water marble now and it's driving me crazy how I can never get two nails to look the same! Boo hoo.

    Awesome marbling skills ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing water marbelling, I can't do it at all! Can't believe you managed to get them all the same! That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This water marble is fantastic! I love the dots that you added, it really pulls the whole design together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It turn out pretty great. Looove the dots, look how the defect could turn out to be effect :o). Gorgeous water marble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job. I was trying to water marble today, but I totally failed, so I rather won't show it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The end result is pretty amazing...even if it was a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your manicures look like something I used to see in my sister in law's nails magazines! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love the added dots. Makes it look so elegant, and more complicated than it really is!

    I have the exact same problem with water marbling. I love how it looks, but I've never been able to get a good water marble. At all. There must be something I'm missing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is gorgeous! And the dots just make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so artsy and so perfectly done!! I'd love to see a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're always so full of ideas, this is awesome *.*

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can never get mine to work! did you use a certain kind/temperature of water?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! This is the most perfect and aligned water marble I've ever seen by ANYONE! You must have spent a lot of time on this! Holy crap -amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean, about the colors not spreading, but holy cow - this looks so awesome!!! So cool that you added the dots! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG this is amazing! I can never get my water marbles to turn out this great. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for all your encouraging words. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has issues with color spreading or water marble in general. And so glad that I was able to turn it into something beautiful to share with you.

    @Anonymous, it is best to use room temperature filtered water as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!!! This is amazing! Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the result of water marble, but is really challenging for me too..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much girls! I'm glad you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is again so perfect! I like how you added in the dots!
    Even your water marble is chic and classy! ;) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad you added the dots - the finished manicure looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you!

    @ABOP, I'm happy that I added them too. So glad you like it :)

    @Natalie, Thank you! I would love too see when you try it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...