Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Comparison: Nicole by OPI Look at Me, Look at Me vs. Dr.'s Remedy Serene Silver Glitter

When I posted the Nicole by OPI Target exclusive swatches this morning, I mentioned that Look at Me, Look at Me reminds me of Dr.'s Remedy Serene Silver Glitter from their Fall 2011 release. I thought I would do a quick comparison of the two...


Both of the polishes consist of a dense silver glitter with blue and pink glitter particles mixed in. I applied two coats of each polish plus a top coat for the swatches. Formula and application were the same, no issues with either polish.

Here they are side by side:
Index and Ring Fingers: Nicole by OPI Look at Me, Look at Me
Middle and Pinkie Fingers: Dr.'s Remedy Serene Silver Glitter




I cannot tell the difference between the two polishes in photos or in person. They are both gorgeous and very sparkly. It is funny though how two companies can interpret the same color and come up with different names. Nicole by OPI with a high energy name of "Look at Me, Look at Me," while Dr.'s remedy is such a peaceful one of "Serene." Wouldn't you expect completely different polishes with such names?

Here is a closeup of the bottles. As always, you can click on any of the photos to zoom in...


Nicole by OPI: Available at Target $7.04, Big 3 Free (Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP)
Dr.'s Remedy: Available online at remedynails.com $17, Big 3 Free (Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP). Doctor formulated to contain Tea Tree Oil, Vitamins and Wheat Protein for better nail health and fungus control.

Hope you found this comparison useful!
Let me know if you would like to see more in the future :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

5 comments:

  1. thanks for this! I've heard good things about the Drs Remedy polish, but don't have them around me - I'll definitely be checking Targer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! they look exactly the , the only difference is the price $$$

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I always appreciate comparison posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comparison and the way you did them side by side on the same hand. Also, including the price and info on each is appreciated! Just recently found your blog and I'm in nail envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm glad to see that this was useful! I will keep that in mind when I come across other polishes that I think are dupes. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...