Thursday, April 12, 2012

piCture pOlish Festival with Aphrodisiac

What is it about flakies that is so magical? I can't seem to get enough. I have already worn the combination of piCture pOlish Aphrodisiac and Festival twice. Both times for at least three days. That must be some sort of record for me. I even went into Sally's Beauty with this and they had the nerve to ask me if it was one of their flakies. After a gentle hint that their flakies are impossible to hunt down, I told them about a lovely brand called piCture pOlish :D


First up is Festival with a tagline of "come together and flake it flake it!" This is a multi-color flakie in a slightly milky base. I used one coat over the dark piCture pOlish Aphrodisiac. Application was great and the flakies spread evenly over the nail. I really like the way it looks with just one coat, but can certainly see this with two coats for a more dense flakie look.



A close up of the flakies...


The color shift...


Swatch Details
Brand: piCture pOlish
Collection: Flakie Cover
Color Name/Number: Festival
Number of coats: 1
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Aphrodisiac is a gorgeous dark, vampy purple with a nice subtle shimmer. It is such a rich, velvety looking color. The tagline for it reads, "This potion leaves you with a magic touch!" I can say that I most certainly fell for it's spell. Even though this may not be the most Spring appropriate color, I love these type of dark polishes throughout the year. Application was good. Two coats for full opacity and even coverage. Swatches are without a top coat...





Swatch Details
Brand: piCture pOlish
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Aphrodisiac
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of these!
Do you try to match your polish to the weather/season?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the finger paints flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I was lucky enough to get the FP flakies, but these are so nice too!
    I don't match my polish to the weather usually I just wear what my crazy polish heart desires lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! I actually have Festival sitting in my untrieds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super amei flocado assim.
    Gostei mesmo!



    Bjs,

    Elaine
    http://useihoje.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for flakies!
    I keep wanting to put them over a deep rich purple! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Paulina, it reminds me of them too... and the Sally's staff as well :)

    @stephpiperr, glad to hear I'm not the only one that doesn't follow seasons! I'm glad to have since I couldn't find FPs. This one is so lovely :)

    @Carly, you will love it when you try it :)

    @Usei, Google translate says you love it, so thank you! :)

    @Marta, me too!! I must hide them or they will be topping every dark purple. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...