Friday, February 1, 2013

Raining Hearts - Valentine's Day Nail Art Contest Entry

There was something intriguing about the Harlow & Co Valentine's Nail Art Contest, so I decided to join. The challenge was to create a manicure using at least one polish sold by Harlow & Co. I only have a few shades that they sell, which is what made this a fun challenge for me. I ended up using three shades, all of which are available in their catalog...


I started out with a base of piCture pOlish Aphrodisiac. The name alone seemed really appropriate for Valentine's Day, but it also happens to be one of my favorite vampy plum shades which I have used a number of times before (such as here and here). Using Bundle Monster plate BM-319, I stamped with Color Club Harp On It from the Halo Hues collection. It is a gorgeous silver holographic...


I then added small hearts using a detail brush and Color Club Halo-Graphic, a pink holographic shade from the Halo Hues collection...





A bit of blurriness really shows off the rainbow of colors in Harp On It...


It is not the usual fluffy pink Valentine's Day manicure (although I've done that too), but I really like it and I hope you do as well!

Please take a moment to check out the Harlow & Co Valentine's Day Contest page and vote! If you choose to vote for me, I would be ever so grateful, but don't feel obligated. Just vote for your favorite :)

Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

26 comments:

  1. Completely adorable! I never think to use holos in nail art, but it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use a stamp, I never would have thought of that. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, that´s really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I need to try to get into stamping if the results look this great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Valentines manis that are original like yours!! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is fantastic! I have been wanting to use that stamping design since I bought my bm set. Now I know that it must be a holographic polish over a dark color. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite valentine mani ive seen so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! And I love that the holo comes out in those teeny, tiny lines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love This!! I have a strong feeling I will be rockin this for Valentine's Day! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice color…I love nail art I will try this soon.

    Joint Replacement India

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful comments! I'm so glad that you like the non-traditional Valentines Day manicure!

    Thank you everyone who has voted for me! I appreciate every single vote so much!! :D

    @Zebra-nails & Elena, Spasibo bol'shoe vam! Ya ochen' rada chto manikur nravit'sya :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative! Love how you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I like the effect of that holo on the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice i like that they aren't a haw you call it: ' usual fluffy pink Valentine's Day manicure'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, very pretty and simple. Two things I love in a nail design. I put in my vote for you! Good luck ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! And I LOVE the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful comments and everyone who voted! I really appreciate them so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally asking my manicurist to try to do this for me for Valentines . . .best VD mani I've seen so far. Thanks for sharing this. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...